Before starting Quotes from The Four Agreements book, let’s discuss the author Don Miguel Ruiz, who was born in August 27, 1952. He is a famous Mexican author and his famous book name is “The Four Agreements”. The Four Agreements Book was published in November 1997.
i am going to share a Don Miguel Ruiz Quotes from The Four Agreements book. The Four Agreements book depends on the following points.
What are the four agreements
- Be impeccable with your word.
- Don’t take anything personally.
- Don’t make assumptions.
- Always do your best.
Quotes from The Four Agreements
1. Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally… Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves.
2. I will no longer allow anyone to manipulate my mind and control my life in the name of love.
3. Every human is an artist. The dream of your life is to make beautiful art.
4. But it is not what I am saying that is hurting you; it is that you have wounds that I touch by what I have said. You are hurting yourself. There is no way I can take this personally.
5. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
6. There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.
7. Be impeccable with your word. Don’t take anything personally. Don’t make assumptions. Always do your best.
8. It is when we lose control that we repress the emotions, not when we are in control.
9. Also, go inside and listen to your body, because your body will never lie to you. Your mind will play tricks, but the way you feel in your heart, in your guts, is the truth.
10. True justice is paying only once for each mistake. True injustice is paying more than once for each mistake.
11. Whenever we hear an opinion and believe it, we make an agreement, and it becomes part of our belief system.
12. Humans hardly know what they want, how they want it, or when they want it.
13. Maybe we cannot escape from the destiny of the human, but we have a choice: to suffer our destiny or to enjoy our destiny.
14. You express your own divinity by being alive and by loving yourself and others.
15. We judge others according to our image of perfection as well, and naturally they fall short of our expectations.
16. You will find that you don’t need to trust others as much as you need to trust yourself to make the right choices.
17. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves.
18. Ninety-five percent of the beliefs we have stored in our minds are nothing but lies, and we suffer because we believe all these lies.
19. If someone is not treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you.
20. We have learned to live by other people’s points of view because of the fear of not being accepted and of not being good enough for someone else.
21. Whatever happens around you, don’t take it personally… Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves.
22. Then, if you get mad at me, I know you are dealing with yourself. I am the excuse for you to get mad.
23. Don’t take anything personally because by taking things personally you set yourself up to suffer for nothing.
24. People who love us do black magic on us, but they don’t know what they do. That is why we must forgive them; they don’t know what they do.
25. Being impeccable with your word is the correct use of your energy; it means to use your energy in the direction of truth and love for yourself.
26. Wherever I go, whomever I meet, I see myself in their eyes, because I am a part of everything, because I love.
27. If you live in a past dream, you don’t enjoy what is happening right now because you will always wish it to be different than it is.
28. Their addiction to suffering is nothing but an agreement that is reinforced every day.
29. We make the assumption that everyone sees life the way we do.
30. A sin is anything that you do which goes against yourself.
31. In your whole life nobody has ever abused you more than you have abused yourself.
32. There are many ways that we hurt ourselves when we don’t like who we are.
33. And he realized that everyone was dreaming, but without awareness, without knowing what they really are.
34. Our normal human tendency is to enjoy life, to play, to explore, to be happy, and to love.
35. When you take things personally, then you feel offended, and your reaction is to defend your beliefs and create conflicts.
36. Do not expect people to tell you the truth because they also lie to themselves.
37. We make an assumption, we misunderstand, we take it personally, and we end up creating a whole big drama for nothing.
38. Forgiveness is the only way to heal. We can choose to forgive because we feel compassion for ourselves.
39. When someone can touch what used to be a wound and it no longer hurts you, then you know you have truly forgiven.
40. The word is like a seed, and the human mind is so fertile, but only for those kinds of seeds it is prepared for.
41. people who are suffering in hell don’t want to be all alone.
42. He looked at the stars again, and he realized that it’s not the stars that create light, but rather light that creates the stars.
43. Don’t take anything personally.
44. It is always better to ask questions than to make an assumption, because assumptions set us up for suffering.
45. Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.
46. Just your existence proves the existence of God.
47. Suffering makes you feel safe because you know it so well.
48. When we fulfill any need of the human body, it gives us pleasure. To breathe gives us much pleasure.
49. Doing your best is taking the action because you love it, not because you’re expecting a reward.
50. We are on an eternal search for the truth because we only believe in the lies we have stored in our mind.
I hope you will have understood the Quotes from The Four Agreements book then these quotes are very helpful for social and business life.